There is a presumption that an eligible Louisiana small business has been and still is adversely impacted resulting from the initial and ongoing local government public health and safety orders, and particularly those emergency proclamations from Governor John Bel Edwards pertaining to COVID-19 and the Phase I, II, and III public health initiatives.
Your small business must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to apply for the Louisiana Main Street Recovery Grant Program.
Businesses may be eligible if the business incurred interruption, disruption, unplanned expenses, or extraordinary costs associated with the COVID-19 pandemic or the public health measures put in place by state or local government officials.
If your business has already received assistance from other government programs, you can still be eligible for this grant program. Assistance previously received from other sources will be subtracted from your claimed amount on your grant. If you have received PPP money, you can still receive money from this program but not to the extent that you are recovering for the same costs incurred. You could also have Unclaimed Property money in the Louisiana Treasury. Click here to search.
The award amounts and to whom the award was made will become public information.
Eligibility Requirements for Businesses
- Were domiciled in Louisiana as of March 1, 2020
- Suffered an interruption of business
- At least 50% owned by one or more Louisiana residents
- Filed Louisiana taxes in 2018 or 2019 or will file taxes in 2020, if formed on or after January 1, 2020
- Had no more than 50 full-time employees as of March 1, 2020
- Have customers or employees visit a physical location
- Are not part of a bigger business with more than 50 full-time workers
- Does not exist for the purpose of advancing partisan political activity and does not directly lobby federal or state officials
- Does not derive income from passive investments without active participation in business operations
Please email any inquiries to [email protected].